Terms & Conditions
1. YOUR EXPERIENCE
1.1 It is important to us that you and your fellow visitors enjoy visiting the Experience. We set out below some important rules which you and your fellow visitors will need to be aware of and comply with:
- as part of the Experience, we treat each family as a separate group and on arrival we will issue each child with an individual passport ("Passport") for use throughout the Experience;
- of course, we appreciate that not all families are the same but for the purposes of the Experience and these Terms and Conditions, a "Child" is someone aged between 12 months and 16 years old (inclusive), an "Adult" is someone aged 17 years or over and a "Baby" is someone aged up to and including 12 months. We reserve the right to request proof of age and this must be produced on request. Please note that these ages relate to the age of the Adult, Child or Baby at the time of visiting the Experience rather than at the time you make your booking:
- in any family group, each full paying Child will receive a gift from Father Christmas
- Babies - Children under 12 months of age visit free of charge on Observer status (i.e. they do not receive the invitation, husky toy gift, or participate in activities on the day).
- the timing and sequence of the activities that make up the Experience is at the sole discretion of our management;
- smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Experience;
- pets or other animals may not be brought in to the Experience (except guide or hearing dogs);
- as much of the Experience takes place outside in or near wooded areas, all those who visit it are advised to dress appropriately and be aware of the normal naturally occurring hazards in a wood/forest, such as exposed tree roots in pathways and low hanging branches and are asked to take care to behave appropriately for the duration of their visit to the Experience;
- those visitors who choose to use the skating rink should take care and show consideration for others and be aware of the dangers inherent in skating. We will not be liable for any injuries sustained while skating or loss of clothing/other personal possessions unless such injuries or loss occur as a result of our negligence
- we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the Experience is a happy and memorable one for you and your fellow guests for all the right reasons, however we cannot be liable for distress caused by circumstances beyond our control (including but not limited to the weather conditions) nor for any emotional distress or disappointment caused by the role playing of characters (including, without limitation, if any Child (or Adult) loses his or her belief in Father Christmas for any reason as a result of visiting the Experience).
2. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
When you give us your order (for example, by telephone or by completing the booking form) this constitutes an offer by you to us to buy a visit to the Experience. All orders by you are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm our acceptance of your booking by sending you an email that confirms that your booking (or any other purchase) has been successful (the "Booking Confirmation Email"). The contract between us for purchase of tickets to the Experience (the "Contract") will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation Email.
3. YOUR STATUS
3.1 You can only purchase tickets to the Experience if you are 18 years old or more.
3.2 Each Child must be accompanied at the Experience by at least one Adult and must remain under their supervision at all times while in the Experience. (Please see clause 1.1(b) for how we define "Child" and "Adult").
3.3 Each booking must include at least one full paying Child and one Adult.
4. ADMISSION & RIGHT OF ENTRY
4.1 Tickets issued to you are required for entry to the Experience.
Our management reserve the right to refuse entry to you (and your fellow guests) if you fail to present the above when required on entry to the Experience.
4.2 We will issue you with printed invitations which are part of your LaplandUK pack. They are not required nor are they valid for entry to the Experience.
4.3 The Experience itself and your visit (and the visits of our other visitors) is set to a strict timetable. Please ensure that you and your guests arrive before your scheduled entry time. At the absolute discretion of our management, entry to the Experience may be refused if you (or your guest(s) as the case may be) arrive after your allocated entry time. In any event, unfortunately any late entry will mean that you and your guests will miss out on some of the activities.
4.4 In exceptional cases, our management reserves the right to refuse entry to individuals to the Experience, or remove those who have already been admitted, if in their reasonable opinion, the presence of those individuals is likely to considerably lower the enjoyment of other guests.
5. PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING
5.1 With the exception of inside and the area immediately around Father Christmas' House (which are restricted filming areas), non-professional photography and video recording is permitted anywhere in the Experience. All images and videos must be for non-commercial use only.
5.2 We do not supervise the taking of non-professional photography and video recording at the Experience and so we cannot be responsible if you or any of your fellow guests (including any Child or Baby) is featured in any other visitor's photograph or recording which is subsequently published or distributed in any form.
5.3 You should be aware that we may carry out photography and video recording while you are in the Experience and we may wish to use certain images for promotional purposes.
6. PRICE AND PAYMENT
6.1 The price of entry to the Experience will be as quoted by us from time to time on www.laplanduk.co.uk and include VAT.
6.2 We reserve the right to change prices at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Booking Confirmation Email, save in the case of an obvious error or mistake.
6.3 Payment for all tickets to the Experience must be by valid credit or debit card and are subject to such specific payment terms as we may notify to you when you make payment, including which cards we accept.
7. CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT OF THE EXPERIENCE
7.1 We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the Experience without notice for any reason. In the event of such postponement or cancellation, you will be entitled to choose between receiving a full refund or (subject to availability) equivalent ticket(s) for an alternative date or time. We will have no further, or other, liability whatsoever as a result of our postponing or cancelling your visit to the Experience including but not limited to any travel costs, loss of enjoyment, disappointment, emotional distress or any indirect or consequential loss (see also clause 9.2 below), whether incurred by you or another of your fellow guests.
7.2 We will use reasonable endeavours to update the Website throughout the duration of the Experience to keep you informed about any potential postponement or cancellation of the Experience. Please review this regularly and in particular on the day of your departure to the Experience to avoid any wasted travel plans or costs.
7.3 Without prejudice to our other remedies, we shall have the right in the case of any serious or persistent breach of these Terms and Conditions to cancel and withdraw any ticket(s) issued to you. In the event of such cancellation, no refund will be paid and we reserve the right to exclude you from our future events.
8. TICKETS AND REFUNDS
8.1 Tickets to the Experience are non refundable.
8.2 Tickets are only transferable up to 72 hours before your scheduled visit and subject to availability by contacting SEE Tickets direct.
NB All transfers are subject to an administration fee of £25 charged by SEE Tickets.
8.3 Information about the children for Father Christmas can be amended up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled visit by contacting SEE Tickets direct. NB. This is subject to an administration fee of £5 per booking charged by SEE Tickets
9. OUR LIABILITY
9.1 Our liability for any losses you and/or any of your guests may suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms and Conditions or for any breach of any statutory duty or negligence or otherwise is strictly limited to the total purchase price of your tickets to the Experience.
9.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for any of the following losses or damage (howsoever arising and whether such losses were foreseeable or not).
- loss of data;
- loss of profit;
- loss of revenue;
- loss of business or opportunity;
- loss of goodwill;
- disappointment or emotional distress; and/or
- any indirect, consequential or special loss;
arising in connection with the Experience or the provision of our services to you.
9.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or in any way limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
10. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
10.1 When we need to communicate with you in writing we will use the email address that you provide us with. If you do not want us to communicate with you in writing by email, you must tell us.
10.2 All notices given by you to us must be given to LUK Events Limited at [email protected] We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notices by email will be deemed to have been received at the time of transmission and, in the case of post, 48 hours from the date of posting.
11. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
11.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by any event outside our reasonable control ("Force Majeure Event").
11.2 A Force Majeure Event (without limitation) includes the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and/or
- High winds or any other extreme weather conditions which necessitate the closure of the Location for the safety of our staff and customers.
11.3 Our performance under these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to provide a suitable alternative date on which you can enjoy the Experience.
12.1 If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13 ELF CURRENCY
13.1 An Elf Jingle is the official currency of LaplandUK and can be purchased in exchange for British pounds at an exchange rate of 1 Elf Jingle = £1.
13.2 Customers who have pre purchased Elf Jingles at the time of booking must provide proof of purchase (SEE tickets LaplandUK Elf Jingle Ticket) on the day of visit to collect pre purchased Elf currency. Failure to produce proof of purchase will result in the loss of pre ordered Elf currency (Jingles).
13.3 Elf Jingles carry no residual value and cannot be exchanged for goods or services outside the LaplandUK event.
13.4 Elf Jingles are non refundable.
13.5 The value of an Elf Jingle is not transferable.
13.6 It is illegal to attempt to copy Elf Jingle currency.
13.7 LaplandUK accepts no responsibility for loss of Elf jingle currency. Lost Elf jingles will not be replaced.
13.8 All Elf Jingle currency will expire on December 25th annually.
14. LAW AND JURISDICTION
15. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our Website is operated by LUK Events Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 7135679 and our registered office is 4 Croxted Mews, Croxted Road, London SE24 9DA. Our main trading address is LUK Events, Calverley House, 55, Calverley Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2TU. Our VAT number is 991 1696 82
We accept that, despite every effort being made to ensure you have a trouble free, enjoyable family experience, things may occasionally go wrong. If you have a complaint you must inform our staff immediately. They will attempt to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If, however, an acceptable solution is not found and you wish to take the matter further, please email us ([email protected]) detailing in full the nature of the complaint, wherever reasonably practicable within 7 days of your visit. This will allow us to investigate your complaint fully.